The CYPET Process is an innovative single-stage process, set apart from conventional single-stage technologies in that it utilises a single clamping unit for opening and closing both the injection and the blow moulds.
As a result, instead of using a specially designed machine, the process utilizes the clamping unit (and injection unit) of an injection moulding machine base, converting it into a single-stage machine by integrating it with a stretch-blowing unit, a set of moulds and a control system. The stretch-blowing unit carries out the functions of transferring the preforms from the injection to the blow moulds, blowing them into containers and removing the finished containers.
In a typical production cycle, when the clamping unit of the machine opens, the stretch-blowing unit’s blowing manifold moves down into the mould area, picks up both the preforms and the bottles from the open moulds and moves up, removing the bottles from the blow moulds and transferring the preforms to the blow mould cavities.
While retaining the advantages of conventional single-stage technologies over the two-stage process, the CYPET process offers the following additional value-adding benefits over conventional single-stage machines:
- Substantially lower investment cost for equivalent outputs, as a result of the use of a technologically mature and economical injection moulding machine base, having ample space and clamping force available in the clamping unit, enabling the use of more cavities.
- Very low energy consumption, resulting from the use of servo-hydraulic or all-electric technology for the injection moulding operations, instead of the normal hydraulics used by the conventional single-stage machines.
- Biggest PET container ever produced – CYPET machines are stretching the limits of PET processing from the previous 40 litres maximum size, to 100 litres.
- All-electric production of containers up to 30 litres capacity is offered, for clean room conditions manufacturing for medical, pharmaceutical or food contact applications.
- Fast production change-over times for shorter production runs, are made possible with a horizontal quick injection mould change system.
- Unsurpassed production flexibility is offered by the very wide variety of bottle and jar sizes that can be produced on the same CYPET machine.
- Reliable Moulds: CYPET injection moulds are designed based on two stage technology and made from stainless steel. To ensure high-quality end products, CYPET injection moulds are equipped with naturally balanced, valve gated hot runner with top quality and well known components for easy maintenance.